Thursday, November 11, 2010

Getting what He Paid For?

This semester has been challenging. Lots to balance and keep up with. Some of the negative aspects of myself as a person have shown up this semester. All I have found myself wanting to do is to go and curl up in bed and sleep it all away. I know this is anything but a solution. I know. I have also noticed myself (as though I am somehow removed from my behavior) slacking off.

"Just once won't really matter..."
A grain of rice is small, but yet it is a staple food for most of the world.

This morning, I confronted myself (again, it seems as though I have two sides and one is removed from the other).

Being a Christian, I believe that Jesus's death atoned for my imperfections, and brought me from out of the depths and the grave and into light and life. He paid a huge price for me to have life, and I accepted the deal.

Though it sounds harsh and material, is Jesus getting what He paid for out of me? Does the way I live my life day in and day out reflect well on the label I bear: "Christian" or "little Christ"?

A friend of mine blogged about the notion of being set apart, and it lines up with what I realized this morning in many ways.

As I decide what to do with my life, is it worthy of the label I bear?


1 comment:

  1. Favorite line: "A grain of rice is small, but yet it is a staple food for most of the world."

    Sarah... you are a very profound thinker. Wow. You are a constant encouragement and inspiration to me! I'm so glad that you're writing this down.

    ReplyDelete