Saturday, October 23, 2010

Deep Seated Desires

As I explained the difficulty I was having with thinking about the future, and explaining how I was thinking that God was saying "You choose," a wise (and incredibly wonderful) woman told me, "As you were saying that, I got a word from the Lord that He gives us the desires of our hearts. As you seek Him, He will reveal what you desire, and then you'll know which way to go."

And it has been true.

What do I desire?

I desire to work with college students.

I desire to be near my family, to build up our relationship, to encourage each other.

I desire to serve God with my life. All of my life. Not just tithing and showing up to church. Not just praying that God would give me a job. No. More. MORE MORE MORE. I want to be instrumental to my Lord. I want to please Him. I want for the world to know who He really is.

Today, I realized how strongly I desire to be re-connected, and deeply, to my church family. I think I had to be removed from it for a time, from the thick of things, because there was much for me to learn outside of the church (gasp). But now, I want to be a part of the body of Christ not for my own sake, but for OUR sake. Not for me, but for we.

I desire for Jesse and I to follow God together, if that should be His will.

I desire to live by faith. I desire to follow God's will unswervgingly.

I'll never make "the world" happy. It will only suck me dry and leave me for dead. But not God. Yes, He requires that we pour our lives out. But He refills. Like today. He is refilling me today. My refuge.

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered this blog--I had no idea you'd started one! Deep thoughts, but beautiful ones. Thank you for sharing them... and I look forward to seeing God reveal more to you in the days to come. Greater things are on their way!

    Keep desiring the best, the greatest, the humanly unattainable...

    ReplyDelete